JET JWL-1642EVS-2 LATHE FOR SALE
(220VAC SINGLE Ø)
This is a great opportunity to get into a variable frequency drive (VFD) speed controlled lathe for a reasonable price. It's not easy to find used and good working lathes!
The only known issue is the runout on the MT2 spindle receiver. Please call to discuss details.
It is not an issue for me because I use all threaded spindle mount accessories for turning rather than MT2 drives anyway.
Buyer is responsible for pickup. I am not able to help load. But the lathe is easily broken down for easy transport.
Features + Benefits
- Digital readout allows operator to dial in the desired speed for best results
- Heavy-duty cast-iron lathe bed adds stability while limiting vibration during operation
- Electronic inverter lets you operate the machine at any speed from 50 to 3200 RPM
- Indexing mechanism allows for fast, efficient, fluting and veining operations
- Sliding headstock may be positioned anywhere along the bed ways for maximum flexibility and user comfort
- High/low speed change lever quickly changes belt positions
- Spindle has positive locking indexing in 10° increments for fast, efficient fluting and veining operations
- Built-in spindle locks let you remove or replace faceplates and chucks with ease
- Live center has a removable pin for boring through stock
- Cam-lock mechanisms allow adjustments of headstock, tailstock and tool rest base without having to use tools
- Hollow tailstock allows you to perform long hole boring for lamps and other vessels
- Special cast-in webbings in legs accept 2 x 4s or a 2 x 12 to construct a solid tool or sandbag shelf
- Tool storage basket conveniently holds chisels and other tools within easy reach of operator
- Safety Cage for rough turning
- 58 1/2in.L x 28 1/2in.W x 27 1/2in.H
- Headstock taper: MT-2
- Spindle nose: 1 1/4in. x 8 TPI
- Hole through tailstock: 3/8in.
- Centerline of spindle to floor: 44 1/2in.
- Headstock movement: slide
- Indexing positions: 36
- Chuck type: cast iron
- Bed construction: cast iron
- Spindle speeds: infinite
- Motor power: 2 HP
- Live Center (not pictured)
- Spur Center (not pictured)
- Index Pin
- Face Plate
- Rod for Face Plate
- Knockout Rod Headstock
- 12" Tool Rest
- 6" Tool Rest
- 4" Tool Rest
- 2 each compound curve bowl toolsets with post
Reduced Price - Asking $ 1 6 5 0 - cash only.
Jet now offers the new 1640evs or the 1840evs for $3000 or $3400 respectively.
Questions/Inquiries, please fill out contact form below.
The lathe is located 10 minutes west of Waupaca, WI on State Highway 54.